Reset Expired or Forgotten Password
Use This Process ONLY If:
♦ You current password is expired
♦ You forgot your password
1. Go to the https://netid.arizona.edu
2. On the "Problem accessing account" tile (the third tile group), click the Reset Forgotten/Expired Password button.
3. Log in with your NetID and password.
4. If you know your Student or Employee ID:
- Enter either in the Your ID field
- Click Next
- Skip to step #7 (below)
5. If you Do Not Know your Student ID or Employee ID, use the Click Here button to answer additional questions.
In the Identifier field enter your Social Security Number.
You only need to use your Social Security Number if you do not remember your Student or Employee ID.
Answer the list of questions on the next page, which are a combination of University of Arizona Employee and/or Student data.
The next field is the “Secret Hint” that you selected when you created your UA NetID. You must answer with the same spelling, punctuation, etc., that you used in your original answer.
6. Once you answer the questions, click Next to continue.
7. The box for "Proceed without enabling the NetID Passcode service" box is checked by default.
- Note: The recommendation is to retain that default setting.
8. Click Next.
9. Please read the Terms and Conditions Agreement, then click Next.
- Note: When you check both boxes, which you must do to proceed to the next step, you are attesting that you have read and agree to follow the information contained in the links on that page.
10. The Password Instructions explain the importance of selecting a password or passphrase that is “Easy 2 Remember!” and “Hard 2 Guess!”
- Changing your NetID password affects various logins at the University. For more information please read the section on that page for CatMail Users (generally student email) or UAConnect Users (faculty/staff).
11. When you're done, click Next.
12. Choose your password using one of the two methods:
Click the Generate password button to obtain a completely random string of characters to use as your new password.
- Choose your own password or passphrase. Use the suggestions on the Choose Password page to select a strong and secure password.
13. Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields. As soon as you click Next your new password is set.
- Note: If the password is not strong enough the system will force you to choose another and the strength of your password determines when it expires. The Next button is only clickable once the New Password is strong enough and the two password fields match.
14. The Confirmation provides important information on updating your password in all applications and on all devices, with examples of the most common ones.
- Note that you have a 2-day grace period to make changes. “Forgetting to change to the new password…could lead to an account lockout as an application tries to connect.”
If you still have questions, please contact the 24/7 Support Center at http://247.arizona.edu.